Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exercise #2

I have listened to the 7 and 1/2 Habits tutorial.

The only one of the 7-and-a-half habits that is really difficult for me is teaching and mentoring others. (Well, sometimes it is hard to view problems as challenges, too.) I often find it difficult to explain things I know to others, because I feel like I "just know" them, and I don't remember the steps it took to acquire that knowledge. It's something I need to work on. On the other hand, one of the advantages of trying to explain something to someone else is that I sometimes discover that I don't really know what I think I know, or I am inspired to learn about aspects of a tool that I had not explored before. I tend not to master an online tool completely, but only learn about the aspects of it that seem useful to me. That too is something I need to work on. But setting goals, accepting responsibility for my own learning, creating my own toolbox, etc. - no problem.

No comments: